Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's Mid Autumn's once again, something I looked forward whenever I was young. The hype, the excitement, they seem to be gone.

What was I doing just last year? Studying hard for my prelims & A's I think, I certainly do not recall celebrating it. Munching on my favourite Bangawan Solo's banana snow skin mooncake, overloading on pomelos, & the annoying music from the community centre's event downstairs. That was last year.

Years before (Gawd I sound old) was the scurrying downstairs with my sister to the playground behind, holding on to my paper lantern, lighting it, talking, laughing, planting candles along the pathway and lighting them into different designs. Those were the days I was carefree & thoroughly enjoyed my favourite mooncake festival. Now, it's good to smile & look back at how time flies, & how things have changed since then.

I grew, we all did.